Are you looking for a career in the information technology industry? Would you like the opportunity to learn our technology philosophy that has been critical in helping many Gold Coast businesses increase productivity and efficiency?
David and his team are always interested to hear from individuals who are passionate about customer services, computers, and making a difference in both the businesses and the lives of our wonderful clients.
We typically accept on-going applications for the following positions. Click each tab to read the job description before applying.
To apply for a career with Insane Technologies, please complete the following.
Help Desk Officer
Are you charming, vibrant and looking for a challenge?
We are always on the hunt for exceptional customer service representatives who have an excellent grasp of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, common business software, and basic computer trouble shooting.
This position offers select individuals the opportunity of joining our team of passionate IT professionals who strive each day to push the technology envelope and exceed customer expectations.
Joining the team as a help desk officer will provide you with the opportunity to learn our unique philosophy for business computing and the opportunity to grow in the role to become a systems engineer, or computer consultant.
To be eligible for this opportunity you MUST…
- Have at least 2 years experience working in a challenging customer service role
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Understand the value of perception and know to present well at all times
- Be as patient as turtle, yet swift like the hare
- Be able to think quick, whilst remaining cool, calm and composed..
- Be able to navigate Windows XP – 7 and Office XP – 2010 blindfolded, and be able to demonstrate it
- Leap minor computer glitches in a single click
I will not lie to you. This mission can be difficult. You will be starting your career with our organisation as part of our front-line help desk team. You will face many common user challenges, as well as some common user frustrations.
If you are victorious in this and demonstrate a continued level of exceptional customer service, dedication and technical prowess, you will have the opportunity to traverse the ranks and join our technical team where you’ll have the opportunity to get your hands dirty with some funky tech.
Good Luck, candidate!
Are you looking for an opportunity to stand out and really make a difference?
The successful individual will be responsible for the day to day management, maintenance and support of our clients networks. Our clients are predominantly Microsoft Windows based, however there are a few Apple OS-X machines thrown in for good measure.
The individual will need to have exceptional experience providing support at the desktop level, as well the server, firewall and switch level, and be able to quickly and accurately determine the cause of common hardware and software problems.
The individual will be involved in the roll out of new business computer infrastructure, in both on-premises and hosted environments, and should have experience building and managing virtual environments.
To be successful in your application for this position, you should have 5+ years experience supporting and managing business computer networks, with extra credit for those applicants who have been employed by other IT integrators, VARs and or MSPs servicing the SMB and SME market.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems. (Onsite & Remote)
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop Services, VMware View & Citrix.
- Monitor the RMM system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Customer documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Provision and test new equipment in house prior to delivery onsite.
- Assist senior staff with projects (server/workstation roll outs/migrations)
- Maintain Kaseya product upgrades and new features
- Maintain strict documentation standards
- Good understanding of Microsoft platforms (SBS 2003/08/11, Server 2003/8, Exchange 2003/7/10, AD/GP)
- Good understanding of Backup Exec and Shadow Protect
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Tertiary qualifications in IT Support disciplines
- Technical Knowledge of Apple, Linux, SonicWALL, Cisco, VMware vSphere/ESXi
- Experience using Kaseya Managed Service Platform
- Experience using the ConnectWise PSA solution
- Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, SonicWALL, Citrix, Linux and Apple certifications
- Experience writing reports in SQL Reporting Services
- Experience with scripting and/or programming (visual basic, .net, php)
- Working Knowledge of SaaS and Cloud Solutions
- Working Knowledge of Server and SAN technologies
Applicants Must Have
- Valid drivers license
- Reliable and insured car
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a similar role in a busy environment and looking to develop your skills. You will work well in a task orientated role and enjoy working closely with management.